November 3-5, 2017
Ocean City, MD
The Mid-Atlantic Marine Education Association will gather in Ocean City, MD on November 3-5, 2017. Activities, sessions, meals and lodging will take place at the Princess Royale Hotel. In your free time, enjoy walking the beach at the ocean front hotel and the action-packed Ocean City nightlife. Optional field trips will be offered on November 5th.
Optional field trips will be offered on Nov. 5th.
If you would like to help with the planning of this event, please contact Lauren Albright, MAMEA President Elect, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope we will see you in Ocean City in the fall!
- Jul 28 – Call for Presenters released
- Sep 1 – Deadline for presenters
- Sep 15 – MAMEA mini-grant applications deadline; MAMEA awards nominations deadline
- Sep 15 – Presenters notified; Early bird registration opens
- Sep 18 – Conference scholarship deadline
- Sep 22 – Conference scholarship awardees notified
- Sep 29 – Early bird registration deadline
- Oct 3 – Last day to reserve rooms at Princess Royale for reduced rate
- Oct 6 – Sessions finalized
- Oct 27 – Regular registration closes
- Nov 3-5 – 2017 MAMEA annual conference
- Early Bird Full Conference Registration: TBD
- Regular Registration: TBD
- Saturday Only Registration: TBD
- Friday Reception Guest Ticket: TBD
- Saturday Dinner Guest Ticket: TBD
*Registration will open soon, we are providing this information for your planning purposes.
**There will be field trips on Sunday with additional costs. Additional information about field trips will be updated soon.
|Nov. 3, 2017
Board Meeting 12:00-4:00 pm
Registration at Ocean City Brewing 5:30-6:30 pm
Reception & Science Cafe at Ocean City Brewing 6:00-9:00 pm
|Nov. 4, 2017
Registration Opens 8:00 am in the Promenade, Princess Royale Hotel
Plenary Session 8:30-9:15 am
Concurrent Sessions 9:30-11:15 am
Plenary Speaker 11:30 am -12:15 pm
Lunch and Business Meeting 12:30-2:00 pm
Concurrent Sessions 2:15-4:15 pm
Share-a-thon & Poster Session 5:00-6:00 pm
Dinner and Auction 6:00-10:00 pm
|Nov. 5, 2017
New Board Meeting 8:00-9:00 am
Optional field trips departing at 9:30 am
Accommodations have been reserved at the Princess Royale Hotel at a discounted rate of $89.00 per night (plus tax) for an Ocean or Pool View Room and $109.00 per night (plus tax) for an Oceanfront Room. Reservations must be made by Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017 to receive this discounted rate.
Princess Royale Hotel, 9100 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842
To make reservations, please visit https://book.b4checkin.com/chameleon/princessroyale/rlp/MAMEA or call the Princess Royale at 1-800-476-9253 and refer to the group id: 4932.